As a family owned and operated company that continues to grow, Queen Construction is continuously looking for Residential Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, Carpenters, Masons, Equipment Operators, Material Expediters, Drivers, and Laborers to join our team.
As a Project Engineer at Queen Construction, you will work closely with all other project staff to bring the vision of the designers, architects, and home owners to life. Project Engineers will know, understand, and maintain the plans, specifications and all other necessary documentation and details of the assigned project from start to finish, ensuring the highest quality of work.
Construction Field Positions
All of our field employees play a vital role in the building process and our team as a whole. We are continuously looking for qualified candidates for the following roles:
Superintendent Job Description
At Queen Construction, our superintendents lead by example, maintain a positive attitude, and work hard with their crew to bring the vision of the designers, architects, and home owners to life. As a superintendent you will be a leader in the various aspects of the building process from start to finish, ensuring the highest quality of work and detailed craftsmanship.
- Know, understand, maintain, and implement the plans, specifications, and all other necessary documentation and details of the assigned project, including on-going changes to the project.
- Be aware of, implement, and maintain safe working conditions for your crew and subcontractors, ensuring that all work performed is in compliance with the OSHA safety standards and company policies
- Quality control throughout the duration of the project, enforcing the highest standards of quality construction
- Formulate monthly and weekly schedules with the project manager, incorporating clear, realistic ideas of job status and ongoing management of the project schedule
- Effective and professional communication between the project manager, foreman, and crews, setting clear expectations
- Layout, establish and maintain building grid and benchmark
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers, keeping communication open and professional and overseeing all related elements such as, but not limited to: scheduling, evaluating work performed, safety compliance, submittal review, shop drawings, RFI’s, change orders, and coordinating with all trades
- Coordinate scheduling of inspections and confirm readiness
- Analyze and implement energy efficiency to obtain high productivity and effective use of manpower
- Coordinate proper delivery, handling, storage, placement, and protection of all job-related materials
- Coordinate equipment requirements, maintenance, and repairs
- Daily walk throughs and field reports of all site conditions, personnel, visitors, deliveries, inspections, hazard identification and abatement.
- Professional communication with all project principals, partners, and agencies.
- Experience working through the building process directly with architects and designers
- Technical building knowledge and experience in construction means and methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Field supervision experience in building custom high-end homes
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Journeyman level carpentry skills
- Must have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license
Carpenter Job Description
Carpenters with the Queen Construction team perform a key role in bringing a Home Owner’s vision to life. Tasks include door and window Installation, standing and running trim installation, cabinetry installation, deck and hardwood Installation, T&G ceiling installation, false beam and ceiling installation. We are looking for candidates who have prior experience or training in trim carpentry or finish carpentry. Applicant should possess strong communication and collaboration skills. A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation (including current registration and insurance) is required.
Equipment Operator Job Description
Equipment Operators are responsible for driving and controlling various heavy equipment including excavators, backhoes, gradalls, and bobcats in compliance with federal, state, and company safety policies. This role also includes performing routine equipment checks, maintenance, and service. A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation (including current registration and insurance) is required.
Material Expediter & Driver Job Description
Job responsibilities for Material Expediter and Drivers include efficient staging and movement of supplies and materials to and from project sites in company owned vehicles, loading and unloading tools and building materials, drive work vehicles with trailer to and from construction sites, follow written and verbal instructions from the construction manager, use hand tools, power tools, and heavy construction tools to help complete construction projects. Applicants should be able to handle the physical demands of the job, including standing, walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, pulling, pushing, climbing, and lifting at least 50 pounds. Applicants for this position must be able to drive automatic and standard transmissions, and be able to comfortably drive and back-up with trailers.
Must have excellent driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and possess problem solving, organization, and oral and written communication skills.
Laborer Job Description
Laborers at Queen Construction play a crucial role in the everyday needs of the construction industry. Job responsibilities include loading and unloading tools and building materials, follow written and verbal instructions from the construction manager, use hand tools, power tools, and heavy construction tools to help complete construction projects.
As a Laborer, you will need to be able to handle the physical demands of the job, including standing, walking, kneeling, bending, crouching, pulling, pushing, climbing, and lifting at least 50 pounds. Applicants should possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
A valid driver’s license, dependable transportation (including current registration and insurance) is required.
Our Residential Management division is comprised of professional, communicative, and hardworking Residential Managers. As a Residential Manager, you will supervise and manage the day-to-day operations of the property, ensuring the physical buildings and improvements are maintained to the highest aesthetic and performance standards.
For further information about a career with Queen Construction, please contact our office at (808) 324-4433